Below outlines the breadth of our services and how
While we work to established methodologies, all our work is bespoke, so please get in touch and we can explore together, your needs and your next steps.
The Internal Expert /
Many of our client schools have asked us to go further than consultancy. They want us to work INTERNALLY within their accreditation team as a member of the team.
Accreditation and Best Practice Consultancy
Uniquely, we are capable of working at both the strategic and operational levels simultaneously. This creates significant efficiencies and ensures that a) the strategy is based in reality and b) the operational aspects are linked directly to the strategy. In our experience, this dual approach is exceptionally effective.
A) Strategic Advisory Service
With your long-term success in mind we…
- Work with you to identify your accreditation goals and challenges
- Demystify the complexities and nuances of the different accreditations
- Help define which accreditation is right for you
- Provide expert guidance and support for Deans and Senior Management Teams
- Reduce the unknowns, the pressures and the pitfalls
- Provide independent, external and expert validation and perspective
- Analyse gaps and provide tailored advice and recommendations
- Drive project planning and project management
If you are ready, we will tell you and outline next steps. If you are not, we will tell you and outline next steps
B) We roll up our sleeves and…
- Help you establish and implement just the right policies and processes for your situation
- Support your staff in the development of policy (particularly in relation to Faculty Qualifications, Research, and Assessment of Learning Outcomes)
- Draft, review and/or edit all accreditation documents including eligibility applications, self-assessment reports, continuous improvement reports etc.
- Conduct programme reviews – with a particular focus on learning outcomes at both programme and module levels
- Provide your external voice to get the project pushed through
- Sit on steering groups or work within your accreditation team to act as an internal expert and project manager
I first got acquainted with Joanne Hession in 2007 during an EPAS review in Eastern Europe where we served as Peer Reviewers. I was impressed by her extensive expertise on the main business school accreditation procedures. As Dean of ESSCA she did some fruitful consulting work for me and we have continued to cooperate steadily through various EPAS consulting missions during which I have always admired her professionalism and the soundness of her judgment.Former Dean & Director GeneralESSCA
Specifically for deans and managers of accreditation
We survey and report on your School’s key functional areas, strengths and weaknesses. With just the right visual dashboards, you will have exactly what you need to navigate your school to best practice and accreditation.
Easy to do
Online, we quickly and efficiently gather only the most relevant data from 15 of your key staff and functions. Within 10 days, the results are analysed and distilled into your School’s unique and confidential GPS report.
The Internal Expert / Co-working for success
Many of our client schools have asked us to go further than consultancy. They want us to work INTERNALLY within their accreditation team as a member of the team. This is a very cost-effective way to make the most of our expertise. It’s like having an Internal Expert. We value collaboration, relationships and bringing that outside perspective and experience to the team.
We currently sit on a number of accreditation steering groups. Where appropriate we chair and drive progress. Elsewhere we simply provide our expertise when asked. We are not the experts in your world and your School’s challenges: You are. We know our limits and we know our strengths. Ultimately we know Accreditation and together we can combine our capabilities to drive excellence in your School.
QED are top class in terms of knowledge, professionalism, integrity, efficiency and delivery of real output. When I first started as Head of School I knew that achieving accreditation was top of the Business School agenda. The JE Cairnes School of Business & Economics deserved recognition nationally and internationally for its strengths and achievements.Head of SchoolNUI Gallimh
Mock Peer Reviews
The Peer Review is the final assessment by the accrediting bodies. We support clients in “passing the test” and are very proud of our success rate (over 95%).
- We prepare the school for the peer review by organising briefings on possible lines of questioning
- We organise and run mock reviews to fully prepare those involved
- We advise on the logistical side of the final peer review visit to showcase the school in the best light
- We provide a full verbal and written report to the school to give it the best chance of success.
Our goals are to ensure that
- Faculty fully understand the importance of, and their role in, the peer review process
- Faculty experience the practical realities of a peer review visit in advance of the formal undertaking, leaving scope to address any possible areas of weakness and improve performance
- Faculty and the school benefit from direct, timely feedback – including practical advice and suggestions
- Faculty and feel confident, clear and supported.
Our mock reviews are usually conducted by two QED Advisors and an agreed expert from our wider network. Visit duration is typically 2 days (including feedback and debriefing).
And we go further…
A member of the QED team will attend the real Peer Review Visit. They will brief and debrief meeting attendees and help to ensure that all goes to plan on the day. We will address any unexpected issues and help the school to present the very best version of itself when it counts most.
It is with enthusiasm that I recommend Joanne as I have had the privilege of getting to know her and her work over the last few years. Though Joanne’s skills and experience span a range of activities, our interaction has been within the higher education in business and management community, where she and her team at QED are very well recognised for the high quality guidance and accompaniment they provide for schools.Head of SchoolNUI Gallimh